ELEMENTS OF A RESUME
A resume is a short document to describe a job seeker’s Personal Informations, Career Objective, Educational Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences.
Include your full name, Permanent Address, Telephone Number, Email Id.
Summarize your career objective into one or two short sentences. It must be related to the job you are applying to. Highlight your skills with the objective.
Start with your highest degree or qualification first. If you finished your degree/graduation then don’t add your High school information graduation. Include course details with Type of Degree, Major or Minor, College Name, Location, and the year of passing.
If you are a fresher, then add your College Projects, Internship details. Include the title of the Project/Internship, company/organization, city/state, Duration and a brief list of the job duties and project outcomes.
For an experienced job seeker, start with your current or most recent job position, job profile, company details and the period you worked or working with the company.
Here, mention your achievements in Industrial, Academic, musical, athletic and or other recognition. Also Include the name of the award/honour, who awarded it, and when it was awarded.
In the skills section, you can add your soft and hard skills
- Soft skills: it includes personality traits like leadership skills, communications, being responsible, loyal, hardworking, energetic, outgoing time management etc.
- Hard skills: it includes research and writing, computer programming languages, Public speaking.
Other Points to Remember:
- Limit the resume to one or two pages.
- Be honest.
- Avoid writing anything negative in your resume.
- Make an error-free resume.
- Keep the fonts and style to simple and easy to read.